Our parent company, Gerriets, was founded more than 60 years ago as a wholesale textile vendor in Germany. Today Gerriets has grown into an international company, providing theatrical equipment systems and scenery products to customers all over the world. Corporate headquarters are located in Umkirch, Germany, with a large-scale manufacturing facility in Volgelsheim, France and subsidiary offices in Great Britain, Austria, France, Spain, Italy, Greece, Korea, and Turkey.
The Gerriets product line spans three broad categories: textiles, projection screens, and technical systems.
- Our textiles include traditional theatrical fabrics as well as acoustical drapery, special effects fabrics, and portable dance floor surfaces.
- Gerriets manufactures a comprehensive range of front, rear, and front-and-rear projection screens, portable frame systems, and roller screen systems.
- Technical systems by Gerriets include modular track systems for moving curtains and scenery, Stratus vertical-lift curtain systems, Kabuki curtain-drop systems, and stage platform components
Groundbreaking technology and materials developed by Gerriets include:
- KABUKI curtain-drop system: With the touch of a button, this system drops a stage curtain to the floor. The system delivers dramatic impact, with a unique release mechanism providing superior safety and reliability. Click here to see video of the Kabuki curtain-drop system in action. Click here to view product info for Kabuki curtain-drop systems.
- CARGO heavy-duty track system: This amazing system enables smooth, precise maneuvering of scenery elements up to 2,640 lbs. Click here to view product info for CARGO track systems.
- OPTIBLACK Rear Projection Screen: This unique, nearly black surface offers an ideal, hotspot-free medium for edge-blending projection--excellent color contrast and color rendition for video, slide, or motion picture projection. Click here to view product info for OPTIBLACK projection screens.
- VARIO ALLROUND dance floor: This surface was developed with dancers to provide a shock-absorbing, slip-resistant floor that lays perfectly flat and is easily rolled and unrolled for traveling shows. Click here to view product info for VARIO ALLROUND dance floor surface.
- CONTRA textural fabric: This nonwoven handmade material offers a highly textural, randomly patterned effect that has found unlimited uses among set designers, exhibit designers, interior architects, and fashion and costume designers. Go to the Textiles index and click CONTRA under "Unique Decorative Fabric" for info on different types of CONTRA.